TeleHealth or Online Physiotherapy Consults
RIVERVALE PHYSIOTHERAPY is still open for business providing all our usual services. We have very strict cleaning and sanitisation measures to keep patients and staff safe. If you are well, not in a high risk group and able to travel to us we encourage you to attend your physiotherapy consult in the clinic as normal.
For all other patients our Telehealth Services are now operational. Telehealth is an online physiotherapy consult and involves a one to one live video conference consultation with your physiotherapist. Speak to your physiotherapist within the comfort of your own home. All you will need a computer or a phone with video camera and audio. Telehealth is easy to use and of course, very private. The conversation is still just between you and your Physiotherapist.
What can you expect from your online Physiotherapy consult?
– You will be talking to your physio “face to face”.
– There is no hands-on physio as you would experience in the clinic.
– Your physio will ask you about your problem and assess your movements.
– You will receive instruction and guidance on self management.
– You will receive specific exercise prescription for your condition.
– Your physio can demonstrate your exercises to you and then watch you performing them.
– You will have exercises and any other relevant information emailed to you following your consult.
– Your physiotherapist will recommend a treatment plan moving forward.
Private Health Insurance Funding for Telehealth Physio
– Due to the coronavirus pandemic several private health insurance companies will begin to provide rebates for Telehealth Physio Consultations from the 14th of April 2020. At this stage the plan is that this rebate will continue until the 30th Sept 2020.
– If you have already seen your physio within of six months you will not require a GP or Specialist referral to undertake Telehealth Physio in order to claim the private health fund rebate. If you have not seen your physio within six months and you wish to claim on your private health insurance, you will need a referral from your GP or Specialist. As per usual, referrals are not required for private consultations held in the clinic.
– We now have convenient secure online payments for Telehealth. This can be completed when you make your online booking. On completion of payment your receipt will be emailed to you for claiming through your health fund. Please check with your individual health insurance provider to ensure they are amongst the funds providing health insurance coverage for Telehealth Physio during the pandemic, as not all funds have signed on yet.
Bulk Billed Telehealth Physio – Medicare
– Due to the coronavirus pandemic Medicare is providing funding for Telehealth Physio until the 30th Sept 2020. If you have an existing Medicare Plan from your GP you can use your remaining physio sessions for Telehealth.
– If you have a chronic muscle or joint condition (expected to last six months or more) you may be eligible for a Medicare Plan covering up to five physiotherapy consultations in a calendar year. To find out if you are eligible, speak to your GP.
– Telehealth consultations under Medicare are bulk billed.
User friendly video conferencing technology
Prior to your appointment you will receive an email with a link to initiate your video call.
Telehealth appointments can be booked by phone (if you wish to speak to someone) or online by clicking on the “Book an Online Physiotherapy Consultation” button on this page. You will receive the usual email and SMS reminders to confirm your appointment.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us or send us an email.
Cost of Telehealth or Online Physiotherapy Consults at Rivervale Physiotherapy
Initial consult $40 for 40 minutes
Subsequent consult $40 for 20 minutes
Treatment block of 5x 20 minute consults $175
Mon 9 -7, Tues 12 – 7, Weds 9 – 7, Thurs 8 – 6, Fri 9 – 6, and Sat 8 – 12.
We aim to offer same day appointments. Tel (08) 9361 4041